So This past week I finished reading The book by Austin Kleon called how to steal like an artist. The Book lists 10 things nobody told you about being creative. After watching Austin’s ted talk I have always been interested in what else he has to say.
The book is only 140 pages with short golden nuggets that you can easily apply to your creative life.
Here’s a list of a few
- Steal like an artist
- Don’t wait until you know who you are to get started
- Write the Book you want to read
- use your hands
- Side projects and hobbies are important
- The secret: do good work and share it with people
- Geography is no longer our master
- Be nice ( The world is a small town)
- Be Boring (its the only way to get work done)
- Creativity is subtraction
If after watching the Austin’s ted talk has you more interested I definitely recommend getting your hands on a copy of this book. When I was in barnes and noble I picked it up and I had to force myself to stop reading it before I got home.